• Productions participating in the festival competitions should be limited to documentary films only.
• Only films produced during the previous two years prior to the date of the current festival will be accepted.
• A participant should submit only one entry form for each category (short, medium or long).
• Films participating in the New Horizon competition are not allowed to participate in any other category of the competition (short, medium, long).
• Participating films should be either in Arabic or English. However, if they are in any other languages, they should be translated, dubbed or subtitled into either of the aforementioned languages.
• Before sending any films, directors should make sure that all commercials, advertisements, trailers, and promotional material are removed from film footages
• The size of the film whether 4 x 3 or 16 x 9 must be mentioned
• Participants should send two DVD (PAL) copies that operate on DVD player and a Betacam SP, DigiBeta or DV (PAL).
• Once a participant receives an email notification informing him/her that his/her film has been shortlisted for the competition, he/she should kindly send a Digital Betacam (SP-Pal format with a size of either 9×16 or 3×4) within a period of 10 days of the email receipt. The participant should also attach a technical report with the sent film.
• Kindly send a poster, stills, and trailer of the film if available.
• It is preferable that a participant sends a film script along with his or her film/s.
• A personal photo of the director/s should be sent after submitting the entry form.
• All films submitted to the festival must carry the title of the film, the director’s/ directors’ name/s and his/her/their email address/es.
• Participants should authorize the festival to feature brief clips of their films either on TV or the Internet in order to promote the festival.
• Films that have competed in previous Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festivals are not allowed to compete again.
• Festival Management reserves the right to accept or reject any entries without offering any justification.
• Festival Management does not pay Any costs or fees for screening the participating films.
• Please make sure to mark your couriers with “No Commercial Value, For Cultural Purposes Only.”
• All requirements for participation may be sent either via email or by post or courier to the following address:
Aljazeera Media Network
Aljazeera Film Festival
Mr. Abbas Arnaout
Director of Aljazeera International
Documentary Film Festival
Al-Mirqab 4 Compound,
(previously known as Jasmine Compound)
Behind Ramada Hotel, villa no. 11)
P.O.Box 24123, Doha – Qatar
Tel. +974 4466 3916 - +974 4466 3798
• The information (title of the film, director’s and producer’s information etc.) provided in the entry form is binding and final. No alterations or changes will be permitted later.
• By participating, participants implicitly agree to the terms and conditions outlined herein.